For more information on each of the stories featured in this month’s video news round-up (above), see below.
- Country comfort: Through its rugged palette and collection of contemporary art, the latest Ace captures the essence of the Australian panorama. Read more.
- Bookish character: Named after a series by Virginia Woolf, the Common Reader bookstore recalls the experience of reading in an old library. Read more.
- Greek odyssey: Valencia-based creative agency Masquespacio has revealed a mood-shaking diner that dishes up delectable Greek fare. Read more.
- Colour bubble: Located in the design district of Paris, the Maison Matisse store invites a new generation of fans into the late artist’s ebullient world. Read more.
- Courtyard house: The central garden of this home by Neri&Hu persists as the common backdrop to the collective lives of all inhabitants. Read more.
- Dutch courage: At the Valley precinct in Amsterdam, local architecture office MVRDV has boldly replaced up-and-down surfaces with a “crumbling” facade, making it fit for the final scenes of post-apocalyptic cinema. Read more.
Tour the Flack-designed Ace in Sydney and admire the “crumbling” facade of Valley in Amsterdam.