For more information on each of the stories featured in this month’s video news round-up (above), see below.
- Dune inspired: Formed by Zaha Hadid Architects as a series of interconnecting “dunes”, the low-slung BEEAH Group building in Sharjah optimises local climatic conditions. Read more.
- Tiny diner: Testament to the saying “good things come in small packages”, the 10-square-metre Pargot restaurant packs a punch in the Roma Norte neighbourhood of Mexico City. Read more.
- Stylish stay: Wedged between its neighbours in an overcrowded metropolis, the Nantou City Guesthouse in China offers moody respite from the rhythmic bustle outside its walls. Read more.
- On the tiles: Azaz Architects employed glossy white square-format tiles to form a cloud-like mass inside the Bofia street-food restaurant in Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. Read more.
- Downtown abbey: The Kelly Wearstler-designed Downtown LA Proper Hotel blends vintage elements from the property’s historic roots with modern influences, forging a lively hub for local creatives. Read more.
- Hot stuff: Joining the lineup of legendary brands along Fifth Avenue, the Brickworks Design Studio has opened its golden doors to New York’s brimming pool of design-loving professionals. Read more.
Check out the dune-like BEEAH headquarters in Sharjah then check in at the new Downtown LA Proper Hotel.