For more information on each of the stories featured in this month’s video news round-up (above), see below.
- Creative hub: Guided by the principles of sustainability, local production and top-notch materiality, furniture maker Kalon Studios is encouraging a sense of community and connection through its LA headquarters. Read more.
- Creating calm: Located on the bustling Bağdat Caddesi strip, the Champs-Élysées of Istanbul, the newest Apple store by Foster + Partners offers shoppers a “green oasis” in the thrumming heart of the city. Read more.
- Unlimited access: Almost no areas are off-limits at the Depot in Rotterdam, allowing visitors the opportunity to experience the true workings of a museum and total access to its 151,000 pieces of art and design. Read more.
- Up in lights: Designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron, the M+ museum has opened in Hong Kong, revealing a collection of mostly Asian artefacts accompanied by a digital art display on its harbour-facing facade. Read more.
- Simply red: There’s not a bad seat in the house at Adelaide’s Fugazzi bar and restaurant – an overnight institution where lipstick red joinery unifies a mix of utterly Italian moods. Read more.
- On the Rocks: Backdropped by the rocky peak of Mount Emei in China, The Chuan Malt Whiskey Distillery by Neri&Hu is an exemplification of the Chinese notion Shan-shui, representing the duality of natural elements that make up the world we live in. Read more.
Experience whiskey-making in China plus step inside Adelaide’s hottest hospitality joint.